Reef Sprinter caters for those looking for a true half-day reef experience without spending all day getting there.
Choose from 3 great reef and island tours.
Price: From $150 per Adult
*Price includes all snorkelling equipment and instructions on use, Wet Suits and Stinger Suits when required, Environmental Marine Charge & bottle of water.
Tour Option A – Low Isles Reef Tour
Duration: The trip is 2 ¼ hours all together, which includes 1 ½ of snorkelling.
- Low Isles Reef is just 15 minutes away from Port Douglas
- Visit the reef at Low Isles (not the Island) – one of the Great Barrier Reefs most spectacular coral cays.
- Glass Bottom Boat option
- Great for Beginners (sheltered from the waves) and children.
- Great spot for seeing turtles!
Tour Option B – Low Isles Island & Lagoon Tour
Duration: 3½ hour morning or afternoon tours allowing plenty of time to snorkel the lagoon or explore the spectacular Low Island.
- One of only 4 permits to enter Low Isles
- Small groups of 14 pax + 2 crew
- Free glass bottom boat tour
- Guided snorkelling tour & island walk
- BYO food
- Free bottled water
- Great place to see turtles
- Toilet on the Island
- Morning tour arrives before the crowds
- Afternoon tour arrives as crowds are leaving
Tour Option C – Half Day Outer Reef Tour
Duration: This trip is 3 ½ hours long, allowing you up to 1 ½ hours of snorkelling time.
- Travelling at 80km per hour, you will be at the outer reef in just 40 minutes!
- Snorkeling site is located next to Opal Reef, the most spectacular part of the Outer Barrier Reef. You will see lots of colourful corals, large fish and other diverse marine life
- It has 25 metres of underwater visibility
- Bigger fish
- Larger corals
- Best suited for people who can swim in good health
- Free drinks (BYO food if required)
- Only runs if forecast is less than 15 knots. If forecast is over 15 knots then Low Isles is a better option due to protection from wind and waves.