Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Experience
Discover where Australia begins at Tjapukai. Explore the rich history of the world’s oldest living culture, dating back over 40,000 years.
Whether you visit the park by day or night, you’ll enjoy a unique cultural experience with performance, dance, food and arts. Tjapukai is all-weather, wheelchair and pram friendly, offering unique experiences in one location.
However you choose to enjoy it, a visit to Tjapukai is the perfect way to gain a deeper understanding of Australia’s diverse Aboriginal heritage.
This is one of the most authentic Aboriginal tours available in Australia.
Tjapukai By Day
- 2 1/2 hour tours are led by a Tjapukai Indigenous Guide
- Tours depart at 9:15am, 9:30am and then every half hour until 2 pm daily. A guided tour will enable you to spend time with a Tjapukai guide and immerse yourself in this fascinating and ancient culture.
- Interactive activites include the Tjapukai CreationStory, dance performances, bush foods & medicine, hunting & weapons, didgeridoo show, and boomerang and spear throwing.
- Upgrade to enjoy Cultural Creations or a Guided Bush Foods Trail.
- A tropical buffet lunch is available daily.
- Cultural evening experience with tropical buffet dinner
- Discover the magic of Australia’s ancient indigenous culture in an award winning Dinner & Show experience.
- The Indigenous Rainforest people paint your face to link you to their traditional land, and invite you to a sacred corroboree celebration Aboriginal Dreamtime stories.
- Join the Rainbow Serpent circle, learn traditional songs, and make music with Aboriginal clap sticks before the ceremonial fire is lit with a spectacular fire ball shooting towards the stars.
- Finish with a sumptuous tropical buffet dinner.
Learn the intricate art of weaving, paint a boomerang and craft rainforest style jewellery while meeting talented local artists. At the end, take home your creations as souvenirs.
Indigenous Guided Bush Food Trail
Join an Aboriginal guide on a 1 hour journey to learn about native plants and their culinary and medicinal significance. Finish with a taste of native fruit jams with damper and tea.
- General Admission Tjapukai by Day – Adult $62 | Child $42 | Family $166
- General Admission + Interactive Activites – Adult from $88 | Child from $58 | Family from $234
- Tjapukai Full Experience – Adult $138 | Child $85 | Family $361
- Kuranda Tjapukai All Inclusive Day Tour – Adult $239 | Child $128 | Family $644
- Night Fire by Tjapukai – Adult $123 | Child $75 | Family $321